Online Advertising Mashup
This session will explore the biggest issues in online advertising today, including:
- Interest-Based Advertising: the latest on Do Not Track, the implications of platform-based opt outs such as Apple’s IDFA and Android’s Advertising ID, and how recent technological changes affect how companies engage users and how publishers monetize advertising inventory.
- Recent changes to the legislative landscape affecting online advertising, including CalOPPA’s Do Not Track Transparency amendment.
- The new COPPA Rule’s impact on online advertising, including interest-based advertising and handling known child users.
- How the EU’s cookie directive and changes to the EU Data Protection Regulation are changing advertising practices domestically and abroad.
- How advancements in technology permit advertisers to reach consumers across devices and to offer meaningful notice and choice in a changing technological landscape.
Meredith Halama, Senior Counsel, Perkins Coie LLP (Moderator); Ken Dreifach, Counsel, ZwillGen, PLLC; Joanne McNabb, Director of Privacy Education and Policy, Office of the California Attorney General; Laura Pirri, Legal Director, Products, Twitter; David Wainberg, Privacy and Policy Counsel, AppNexus